Thursday, October 6, 2011

Haunted Houses

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am fairly terrified of clowns. For some reason, probably closely related, I am also terrified of haunted houses.

When I was a child, I went to one, single haunted house, and that was quite enough for me. Although looking back now, it was very cheesy and would probably make even a child laugh, I was still horrified. At the age of 20, I then went to one more haunted house. The absolute disaster that followed can be read in my previous blog "The Horror".

Now it's my turn.

A very good friend of mine has invited me to join in the festivities of her local haunted house. As she is currently pregnant (and we are all very excited!) she cannot be a part of the scare this year for safety reasons. As her weirdest, craziest friend, Lauren has invited me to take her place. You would think I would be more sympathetic, and try to be a little less scary since I have been in the position of complete and utter terror.

Wrong.

I'm giving this all I've got. I'm going in full out crazy, and my ultimate plan is to make at least one person cry. I will be dressed in a white lace wedding gown splattered with blood, full out white face makeup (like I really need it), hollowed out eyes, wild hair, and all the fake blood anyone could ever want. I will be on a hydraulic bed which will rock back and forth while I writhe like a crazy person. In other words, I'm going to be scary as hell.

I will begin this endeavor two days from now, and pictures will be on their way. One thing I can't quite figure out is what I should do, and any comment would be appreciated. I'm torn between:

A. Screaming like a terrifying banshee
B. A combination of mumbling and creepy singing
C. Making no noise whatsoever and following people with nothing but my eyes so they think I'm animatronic... until they try to get near me.
or finally D. Creepy laughing


Let me know what you think! Pictures on the way soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to make some kids pee their pants! Good luck!

    I didn't read this until today, so I obviously can't give you advice on what you should do tonight, but let us know whether you decided to go with A, B, C, or D :)

    ReplyDelete